Healthspan challenged us to double their new customers over 2016 through PPC advertising. We were only too happy to rise to the occasion.
Facing challenges due to a hugely-reduced above-the-line marketing spend and an ageing audience, Healthspan’s overall goals were to:
- Grow new customer numbers through PPC advertising
- Reach younger audiences through paid search — this would protect the brand in the long-term
It was our job to achieve these goals via paid search.
What we did
We recognised that our best opportunity of growing new customer numbers through a younger audience was to revamp our Google Shopping activity. This channel was especially appealing to younger customers as it simplifies the process of buying online. To complement this we also built out higher funnel research terms for the products that Healthspan sell.
By taking this approach we generated more awareness around Healthspan as brand on all devices, with a mixture of advice-led — focusing on the benefits and quality of the product — and direct response messaging, which seeks to spur users into action (usually to buy something).
- We grew the Google Shopping structure from 1 campaign to 80
- We performed in-depth research into some of the wider trending and medical terms related to key products to help inform the higher-funnel terms we should target
- Leveraged national and internal PR news and press releases
- Improved our use of remarketing audience lists, giving us more chances to convert potential customers
- Increased bids on products where there was evidence of a younger audience’s propensity to purchase
The campaign worked brilliantly.
We grew new customers by 842% through Google Shopping alone
This was accompanied by a 169% growth of new customers through paid search ads.
Overall, we delivered a 327% increase of new customers through PPC advertising in 2016 in comparison to 2015, with only a 10% increase in PPC spend.
Got a similar problem you’d like us to help solve? Get in touch and let’s chat.